Google

Akshaya Tritiya and some Lost Traditions

My relation with God (on as is where is basis) is of utter indifference to say the least. To me Holi is colors, Diwali is lights and crackers and so on..Akshaya Tritiya for me is to child marriages in Rajasthan and some other parts of the country. My being atheist apart, ignorance towards traditions and festivities is alarming.

Rajesh Roshan in his recent post is expressing his worries, strange worries I must say on losing some of the Hindu traditions and customs. He is cribbing about one customs which very much goes hand in hand with the Mass child marriages on Akshaya Tritiya, as per the custom fathers do not eat anything at daughters (read inlaws') home. Obviously daughters good for nothing (can't even eat her cooked food), just get rid of them..marry them off...at age of 5 or 6.

I thank the spoilers of the society that such non sense customs are dying. And yes you have a jyotish blog in Hindi so you can see why there is a gold rush on Akshaya Tritiya? Why Aakha teez is auspicious to get rid of your daughters on this day? Why 90 tons of gold was sold on this day last year?

Related Posts



0 comments